Introduction

Hi! Welcome to Sheny's Homemade Treats aka Sheny's Homemade Cakes. No occasion is complete without the perfect cake as a centerpiece that compliments your special occasion. Sheny's Homemade is providing high-quality custom cakes decorated with fondant icing. Every cakes are made from scratch using the finest ingredients and all bakes are freshly made-to-order. All our butter cakes are made from imported pure butter and all our cakes are preservative-free.

All our cakes are personally designed and hand crafted to perfection, incorporate with our clients input of ideas. If you have a specific theme or any special design in mind, feel free to email us at shenyshomemade@yahoo.com and we will try our very best to fulfill your request. Thank you.

Monday, July 26, 2010

A Black And White Affair....


From the very beginning of this cake decorating hobby of mine, I have never thought I would venture into tier cakes. When Karen (my hubby's cousin) saw what I did for my bro-in-law's engagement cake last May, she wanted me to do her engagement cake too. I agreed with her request but little did I know that she wanted a 2-tier cake! :D When she informed me of her intention, I almost chicken out.. I've never done a tier cake and I couldn't bare the stress and risk involving the construction of a stacked cake. However, after days of thinking and researching, I finally made up my mind to accept the challenge. I have been planning for this cake for almost 3 months and I was glad it turns out what I have planed, the designs and all. I'd like to specially thank my baking friend Ms. F, for her valuable advice and moral support in doing this project ..thanks so much dear :)




This 2-tier cake, 10" + 8" weighed around 8kg. Cake flavour was rich marble chocolate vanilla pound cake filled with vanilla buttercream and covered with homemade fondant icing. Obviously, the colour theme was a sophisticated and funky black and white.



Decorated with black & white lace flowers, satin ribbons and sugar pearls. Top tier was decorated with Lacey hearts meant to insert a bunch of exploding hearts.



I heart those exploding hearts....:)


A modern and classic, black & white engagement theme are timeless and sophisticated. Congratulations to Rayner and Karen on their engagement. Thanks so much for entrusting me on your centerpiece and letting me be a part of your occasion.



3 comments:

  1. Wah...this is very beautiful...I'm speechless '0'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann: Thanks! btw I can't seem to browse your blog.. tried so many times but my internet explorer aborted the operation.. :(

    MsEthelcupcks: :)) Thanks. 2 thumbs up to u 2.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails